This week’s video covers the basic technique of the one-timer shot. One-timers are excellent for creating fast scoring opportunities and not giving the goaltender a chance to set prior to the shot.
Key Teaching Points
- Puck should be shot similar to a slap shot, located between the middle of your feet and the back foot
- Hands just over shoulder-width apart (this will vary based on the degree of knee bend and “sitting” in to your shot)
- Transfer the weight to the back leg
- Low stance on the shot motion, transferring your weight to your front foot
- Open your hips and front foot toward your target
- Be prepared (and practice) adjusting your stance to accomodate for passes slightly off target